Monday, April 16, 2007

made me realize

So as usual I'm reading Oh, the joys this week and I had this sudden realization that I really would love one of my friends to have a baby. I would love to look at them with that tenderness and kindness that other mothers had for me when I was pregnant with my first. I would love to see them stare at wonder at their body and their sweet baby. But most of all, I would love for them to be a part of this motherhood thing and to know and understand when I just want to hear them talk about their lives and when I am weepy it's no ones fault.

So - GIRLS (you know who you are) - GET TO IT!!!!

P.S. I would also like to be the one to smile and coo at their sweet little monkey faces and then HAND THE BABY BACK when it starts to cry.

2 Comments:

Blogger OhTheJoys said...

Get them on board!

12:57 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your friend over there has some skills -- very beautifully written -- thanks for pointing me over there...

Almost makes me want to have a baby. But of course i haven't got what it takes to be a mother...

3:22 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home