Monday, April 16, 2007

Ethyl alcohol & the ER

Generally when I leave Liam in Peter's capable hands I have a moments rest - until I hear them racing up the stairs. Peter with Liam under one arm and a bottle of hand sanitizer in the other...

We struggle for 10 minutes trying to get the child to throw up - not as easy as you might think. Apparently we can stick both our fingers down his throat and he will not barf.

So off we went to the ER. 2 hours, a pulse, a sugar test and a blood test later.
He's fine.

Not exactly what I had in mind for a Sunday evening.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just to be clear, the hand sanitizer was WHY you wanted to make him throw up, right? He had eaten some?

Or was the hand sanitizer so as not to give him cooties when you stuck your fingers down his throat?

And what happens if you reply to this? I guess i'd have no way of knowing that you did. You should see if you can upload your blog to Facebook -- i upload my LiveJournal entries there.

3:28 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home