Friday, September 01, 2006

you're a useful engine.



I really try not to judge the cartoons Liam seems to consume daily*. And I am sickened that I can sing many of the title songs and know the names of almost all the characters on at least 6 shows on treehouse. But there is a limit to my tolerance of what messages these cartoons are forcing on my baby - how many times do I have have to hear "You're a really useful engine" or bob the builder spout "Get the job done"? What happened to just being silly and imagining? what happened to funny rabbits, cats and birds, a french skunk, the stupid coyote?

Yes I have made an effort to ensure that Liam never views 1) 4 ton purple dinos singing off key with overly perky children 2) blob like things called boohbah from the UK popping in and out in a somewhat uncomfortable way.

*FYI - you can say whatever you want about raising children without TV when you have children. And bless your sweet backwoods christian heart if you can keep them away from the TV at all let alone away from horrifying and devastating shows like Dora the Explorer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home